[asterisk-users] "Sticky" Polycom 501 keys and handset

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Tue Nov 7 22:09:37 MST 2006

This should be in your Asterisk sip_notify.conf file by default I
believe (if not, add it with an appropriate name):
[polycom-check-cfg]
Event=>check-sync
Content-Length=>0

Then in the Asterisk run this (assuming the phone is registered
properly):
sip notify polycom-check-cfg <user>

If the configuration on your FTP server (assuming FTP/TFTP
configuration) has changed, it will reboot.

Otherwise, in your sip.cfg for your phones, look for this:
voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="0"

Change it to this to always reboot when receiving the notify:
voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1"