[asterisk-users] Microsoft will enter VoIP market in earnest next year, says Ballmer

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:12:35 MST 2006

Unified messaging would be nice. Not just having my VM's e-mailed to me, but
to be able to manage them from with Outlook (or any other mail client for
that matter) would be nice. I picture it sort of like an IMAP mailbox, and
the mail client just has some kind of functionality to recognize that the
message is a VM and not a mail message (so it could display length,
date/time received, CID, and provide a "play" button).

Just my two cents.

Alex

On 11/7/06, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/business/international/asia/15944981.htm
>

> There's not much in the article so only click through if super interested
> but I'm curious and looking for people's opinions.
>

> What application integration would you like to see between MS (either
> Office or other aspects of the vista/xp OS) and Asterisk. Apart from dial
> from outlook and number pop I'm kind of curious what other functionality
> there is to be developed (I'd also like to see drop and drag from outlook
> into conference calls.
>

> What would you like to see in asterisk, if we get some solid responses
> we'll see about organizing some bounties to get it developed.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dean Collins
> Cognation Pty Ltd
> dean at cognation.net