[asterisk-users] connect Sipura with Asterisk - both behind NAT

Alyed Tzompa alyed.tzompa at simitel.com
Tue Nov 7 13:29:40 MST 2006

		If your Asterisk is behind a NAT you can use externip=x.x.x.x (sip.conf)

If your Sipura is behind a NAT you can use nat= yes (sip.conf)

		Btu I'm really afraid that unless you use a SIP
proxy (e.g. Portaone) you won't be able to succesfully connect both
elements if they both are behind NATs. It is just because of how SIP and NAT work together.

Alyed

Does anybody have a good link how to connect Sipura with Asteriks, both
behind NAT?  I'm using FWD but their connection is like a weather
(especially IAX), I need something more reliable.

I was thinking of using stun and/or proxy but can not find any good link
explaining how to setup Linux server

--
#Joseph