[asterisk-users] loosening voicemail file permissions for msg????.txt and msg????.wav

Scott Keagy skeagy at ipcexperts.com
Tue Nov 7 12:21:55 MST 2006

HI folks,

I figured out where in the source code to hack the .wav file permissions
which were set too restrictive for me, but I can't figure out how to do
the same for the .txt file.

Looks like the voicemail.c file sets it nicely for asterisk1.4beta3
using a #define statement early on, but msg????.txt  comes out with
permissions 0600 and there are no umask entries that affect how asterisk
is started (if anything it would be 022).

I've grepped through the entire source tree from the expanded tarball,
and changed every place where it says 0600 to 0666 and recompiled, but
still no luck. I've grepped for umask entries like 077 that might cause
the problem, but again no luck.

My work-around right now is a cron-job that chmods these directories
every minute, but this is ridiculous.

Anyone solved this?

Thanks,

Scott