[asterisk-users] Dial plan Question

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Nov 7 06:58:22 MST 2006

Thanks, that set off a light bulb.... In my spa3K my incoming dialplan was
set to  (S0<:405>)

Since this is a one FXO unit and my [from-pstn] will always be that line
can I make it generic and use the 's' extension as I described? If so what
would that spa3k dialplan be? just s0 ?

Doug

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 07.11.2006, 02:29 -0500 schrieb Doug Crompton:
> > I am trying to do something that I see describe in a book and it is not
> > working....
> >
> > In my sip.conf, I have in my [fxo] context=from-pstn
> >
> > I then have in extensions.conf
> >
> > [from-pstn]
> >
> > exten s,1,answer()
> > exten s,2,playback(blah)
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > It never answers.... but if I do this
> >
> > [from-pstn]
> >
> > exten _x.,1,answer()
> > exten _x.,2,playback(blah)
> >
> > it works.  Why does the 's' extension not work here?
>
> If "fxo" means your SIP provider, and you register with him, a specific
> extension will be called. Which one shall be called can be selected by
> the last parameter of the register statement, e.g.
>
> register => 075741:password at sip.provider.com:5060/492281234567
>
> will cause the incoming calls to appear in extension 492281234567.
>
> Comes in handy if you have several accounts with a single SIP provider:
> This way, you can simply distinguish the outward phone number for which
> the call came in.
>
> BR
> Anselm

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *