[asterisk-users] Dial plan Question

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Nov 7 03:06:32 MST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.11.2006, 02:29 -0500 schrieb Doug Crompton:
> I am trying to do something that I see describe in a book and it is not
> working....
>
> In my sip.conf, I have in my [fxo] context=from-pstn
>
> I then have in extensions.conf
>
> [from-pstn]
>
> exten s,1,answer()
> exten s,2,playback(blah)
>
> etc.
>
> It never answers.... but if I do this
>
> [from-pstn]
>
> exten _x.,1,answer()
> exten _x.,2,playback(blah)
>
> it works.  Why does the 's' extension not work here?

If "fxo" means your SIP provider, and you register with him, a specific
extension will be called. Which one shall be called can be selected by
the last parameter of the register statement, e.g.

register => 075741:password at sip.provider.com:5060/492281234567

will cause the incoming calls to appear in extension 492281234567.

Comes in handy if you have several accounts with a single SIP provider:
This way, you can simply distinguish the outward phone number for which
the call came in.

BR
Anselm