[asterisk-users] Callmanager 3.3(5) and Asterisk with ooh323

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Mon Nov 6 12:53:24 MST 2006

Hello again,
seems that my issue with ooh323 not recognizing dtmf setting from peer
definition is, that peer/user was not matched on incomming call from
callmanager to ooh323,
because ooh323 matches user/peer according to incomming h323id (what is
"caller id name" from callmanager, i.e. if my user/friend is defined as
[Pavel Jezek] and I'm calling from callmanager phone with caller id name
Pavel Jezek, ooh323 successfully matches ooh323 peer (or better say
type=user or friend).
this matching behaviour is quite useless in examples, when I would like
to call to ooh323 from any ip phone behind callmanager....
so in my scenario, I put dtmf setting under [general] and it works,
but, imho, will be better, if ooh323 wil match according IP adres of
incomming call, instead of incomming h323id

.... but, I have another issue - with caller id:
when calling from asterisk to callmanager (using ooh323), caller id
number is not passed to ip phone behind callmanager (I only see caller
id name, not caller id number)
it's curious, because from tcpdump/Wireshark analysis - caller id number
is present, so maybe "calling presentation" is wrong set?

from Wireshark (when calling from asterisk line 324, this info is not
displayed on phone behind callmager):

Calling party number: '324'
.... ..01 = Screening indicator: User-provided, verified and passed (0x01)
.01. .... = Presentation indicator: Presentation restricted (0x01)

PJ

Pavel Jezek wrote:
> hello Dan,
> seems that ooh323 incorrectly handles dtmfmode settings from peer
> definition, because:
> when I put "dtmfmode=h245signal" in [general] section it works, but
> when I put this only to peer definition (i.e. in [general] is default
> mode rfc2833) it doesn't work!
> also, when I put h245signal in [general] and in peer definition I have
> rfc2833, it work also!
> seems, that ooh323 completely ignores dtmfmode, when this is set in
> peer definition (but in "ooh323 show peer ccm", from my example, is
> displayed what I set)...
> Dan, please can you confirm this, after that I update bug report:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8191
> PJ
>

> my working config (dtmfmode=rfc2833 in peer definition has no efect at
> all)
>
> [general]
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw,g729
> dtmfmode=h245signal
>
> [ccm]
> type=friend
> ip=192.168.40.7
> port=1720
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
>

> Dan Austin wrote:
>> PJ Wrote:
>>
>>> Dan, can you supply your ooh323.conf for me? I would like resolve my
>>> issue with not recognizing dtmf by ooh323 from callmanager
>>> my ooh323 is quite simple, also on callmanager config page for gateway
>>>

>>> to asterisk is nothing special, no faststart, no mtp; ccm v4.1.3sr3a
>>>

>> There's nothing secret about it, but I think I can skip that if the
>> settings below are what you are using-
>>

>>> [general]
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=alaw