[asterisk-users] Asterisk servers being greedy and not letting go of the media path. (using IAX2 channels)

Mat Stace mps at colewood.net
Mon Nov 6 10:41:31 MST 2006

Evening everyone (obviously depends on when you're readin this, but hey).

I'm trying to set up a multi * server situation, and am falling over at the
second server, and after a day of google etc, have come up against somewhat
of a brick wall.

I can make calls each way between the two servers no problem, and can
include the required extension at the remote * server as part of my main
incoming dialplan. My problem comes with * attempting to pass the media path
to the other server.

What is happening is:

Incoming call from iax2 provider to main * server
  --> dial sip extension on main * server
  --> setup IAX2 channel to remote * server (which then rings extension)

Pickup call on extension on remote * server
  --> main server sip extension stops ringing
  --> ast console on main server I get :

   -- Attempting native bridge of IAX2/voipprovider/6 and
IAX2/remote*server/7
    -- Channel 'IAX2/voipprovider/6' unable to transfer
    -- Channel 'IAX2/remote*server/7' unable to transfer

In the user/friend declarations (user for incoming voip provider, friend for
remote * server) in the two iax.conf files I have notransfer=no, and also up
in the [general] section of the iax.conf.

The problem is that when remote * user answers the phone, and then transfers
the call to an extension on the main * server, there is massive (ie 2
seconds) delay, and using IAX2 show channels at the two consoles, the call
is doing the following:

PSTN -> VOIP PROVIDER -> main * server -> remote * server -> main * server
-> SIP extension on main * server.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the * servers give up the media path?

Cheers

Mat