[asterisk-users] is IAX required for firewall and router?

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Nov 6 10:37:52 MST 2006

So if your ATA or phone has to connect to your computer, your computer
then has to bridge its two ethernet connections together to give access
to to the 'external' network.  Keep that in mind, it's usually not too
difficult.

Those phones you provided info on are SIP phones, not IAX phones.

In my recollection, to originate calls (dial out) you don't need your
router configured.  to receive calls you need the router to forward port
4569 (for example) to your internal phone.  Maybe the router is a UPnP
router and you can configure it from your computer?  Just a thought.

Moj