[asterisk-users] several behind NAT

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:20:25 MST 2006

There should not be any problem as long as the remote phones, doesn't matter
they are on which network, can access your server in DMZ. But if you have a
dynamic IP, you should get a dyndns FQDN (fully qualified domain name) for
it and have your IP phones have that domain name to rech to your server. It
will cost you $10 a year.

I have many phones here and there connecting to different servers and I
never had any problems. Also my home server is in DMZ and I have connected
to it from many different locations around the globe, it always worked
perfect.

And yes, there are IAX phones out there too, but not good ones yet. I
have an unbranded IAX phone in my basement, but thats the only place where
I can put it because I can't rely on its voice quality.