[asterisk-users] several behind NAT

Todd- Asterisk thouleasterisk at gleffsecurity.com
Mon Nov 6 08:28:42 MST 2006

I've got my asterisk server in the DMZ of my local LAN - I've used my
Budgetone and GXP2000's from the Internet- on direct IP connections
with no problems.  However, I'm about to deploy about 5 phones
(either budgetone or GXP2000's) all on a LAN behind a NAT- on a
different network than the Asterisk server.  Should I look into using
STUN servers?  Will this setup be a problem?  I've read about NAT and
STUN on voip-info but am looking for more information..   btw- I'm
not set on Grandstream.  If you think Polycom or something can handle
NAT better, then I'll use that instead.  I guess there's no IAX
phones yet...  Thanks in advance.
   Todd