[asterisk-users] Random 'no audio' problem

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:56:40 MST 2006

I have installed an IBM server with a DTDM2401E digium card in it.
Everything is working fine.   Phone to Phone calls are fine.
However, for some reason when you call in or out of the system it
normally works, but there is occassionally 'dead air' in both
directions, but it does finally come back after 15 seconds or so.

If I just call into the system and place myself on hold, or listen to
menus the same things happens.  Any thoughts?  Again, this does NOT
happen when calling phone to phone or phone to voicemail/system.  It
also does not happen going phone to IAX long distance provider.

I have disabled HT, and the usb/parallel/serial/etc are disabled on the server.

I have another machine setup almost exactly the same, except it is
from MBX and it does not have the problem.