[asterisk-users] Clicking Noise on Pure Voip Calls

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:12:02 MST 2006

Hey Carl -

> In answer to your questions:
>
> Calls over T1 are plain old sip/rtp no iax.
> Qos - priority queue end to end
> Routing - 2800 router each end

Can you confirm on the Cisco that you are successfully tagging on the
VoIP traffic?  I think I remember you said there were no QoS errors,
but you can also watch the packets going through the QoS rule (can't
remember command right now, but I'll look it up).

> Other Traffic on T1 - Yes usual MS stuff.

Aha!  How much traffic and what sort is it?  Anywhere near saturation?

> Thinking it might be a transcoding issue.

Sorry, I don't remember if you mentioned this, but what is your
hardware setup, and how many calls do you have going through the T1
link?  What codecs are you transcoding to/from?

- Noah