[asterisk-users] fax eater

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:10:19 MST 2006

You could hack together some kind of solution for accepting the fax
digitally (turning it into a PDF or some other type of file) using SpanDSP
and app_rxfax, and then just have a script that runs every hour or so,
deleting the generated images. I've never done this, but you should be able
to receive the fax digitally without issue. From there, it's a simple
cleanup script.

Cheers,
Alex

On 11/2/06, James Harper <james.harper at bendigoit.com.au> wrote:

> We have a 100 number indial range and every so often get fax calls on
> our voice numbers (our fax number isn't in the 100 number range). If you
> just hang up the sending fax will often try a few times before finally
> giving up.
>
> Our outgoing fax is connected to the PBX (not asterisk), and we can do a
> blind transfer to that which will print it out, but right now the fax is
> printing a misdialled fax and it's up to about 3 meters long and still
> going.
>
> I have an asterisk server plumbed into the PBX via an ISDN trunk, so I'm
> thinking that if I could map an extension to that which would just 'eat'
> any fax we transfer to it, it would save some paper. Any fax coming in
> on the 100 number range isn't something we want anyway.
>
> Anyone done this before?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Alex Robar