[asterisk-users] fax eater

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Nov 2 21:57:28 MST 2006

We have a 100 number indial range and every so often get fax calls on
our voice numbers (our fax number isn't in the 100 number range). If you
just hang up the sending fax will often try a few times before finally
giving up.

Our outgoing fax is connected to the PBX (not asterisk), and we can do a
blind transfer to that which will print it out, but right now the fax is
printing a misdialled fax and it's up to about 3 meters long and still
going.

I have an asterisk server plumbed into the PBX via an ISDN trunk, so I'm
thinking that if I could map an extension to that which would just 'eat'
any fax we transfer to it, it would save some paper. Any fax coming in
on the 100 number range isn't something we want anyway.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks

James