[asterisk-users] regexten & regcontext broken for SIP?

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Nov 2 16:27:16 MST 2006

Mine is pretty straight forward

sip.conf

[general]
regcontext=dundi-local

[device] ; Edited for privacy :)
username=device
type=friend
secret=guess
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=longdistance
canreinvite=no
regexten=1513

Then the show dialplan dundi-local reveals

 '1506' =>         1. Noop(device)                             [SIP]

I did run into a problem if I tried to use an actual context in
extensions.conf. For example I wanted to add an entry for a local extension
that rings several phones and so I created [dundi-local] in
extensions.confand added exten => 1500,1,NoOp(Local/1500). The  show
dialplan woul show
both entries made by pbx and by SIP, but it would not access those made by
SIP. So I split mine into to context and it worked.

I hope that helps.

On 11/2/06, Watkins, Bradley <Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com> wrote:

>  Can either or both of you post the relevant sections of your sip.conf and
> extensions.conf?
>
> - Brad

> **
>
> --