[asterisk-users] Sound breaking. Because of Tormenta2 PRI Interface Card or something else

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:47:35 MST 2006

Hi everybody,

I need to know about sound quailty issues from those who have experience
with Tormenta2 PRI Interface. Also how to make it work with new versions of
Asterisk and Zaptel. And also  suggestion if it is a good idea to switch to
some newer card from Sangoma or Digium, or Tormenta should work fine.

I have sound breaking many times a day over the trunks. Server is AMD Athlon
2.4 GHz with 512MB RAM. Serial ports, parallel port and other unnecessary
things on the motherboard are disabled. People in the office don't talk much
with each other over the extensions, so can't say the performance of the
system over the local network, but incoming and outgoing calls start giving
trouble few times a day and people do complain about it.

I was thinking if it was because of the linux kernel, which is
2.4.21-32.ELon CensOS 3, or because of the Tormenta PRI Interface
card. There is no
major use of the Internet in the office. Server is strong enough to handle
calls. And there are never more than 3,4 calls at a time. In fact breaking
of sound can happen when only one person is in the office and only one phone
is being used.

Please help before I start buying new stuff to replace some of the existing
stuff, just to find out that it didn't help anyways.

Thanks

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria