[asterisk-users] AEL2 - CUT function usage

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Wed Nov 1 06:22:34 MST 2006

Hi,

In Asterisk 1.2.7, my AEL code looks like this:

macro callForwardHunt(numargs,numlist,typelist,ttr)
{
         for(x=1;${x}<${numargs}+1;x=${x}+1)
         {
                 CUT(number=numlist,-,${x});
                 CUT(type=typelist,-,${x});
                 NoOp(${number});
                 NoOp(${type});
                 Dial(${type}${number},${ttr});
         };
};

In Asterisk 1.4.0beta3, the CUT function looks like this:

                 NoOp(${range});
                 Set(time_range=${CUT(range|/|1)});
                 NoOp(${time_range});

No I understand that the CUT application has been removed in 1.4, so now I am usung the CUT
function, but where is it explained that you have to have to use SET and the commas ',' has to be
replaced with '|'.

Or have I done something stupidly wrong  :)

--
thanks,
yusuf

believed to be clean.