[Asterisk-Users] Connect 2 Asterisk Servers via PRI

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Wed May 31 19:41:35 MST 2006

I have a Sangoma A104D card in my target or main server and a Digium TE110
in the other. The reason for this setup is to test the PRI connection/card
and dialplan prior to the PRI install from AT&T. I have already tested IAX
trunks and tried TDMoE, but got a lot of errors and decided to forgo that
possibility until I could test it further.

On 5/31/06, Gary Reuter <gary.reuter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/31/06, Bruce Reeves <asterisk at nortex-networks.com> wrote:
> > Both servers are runing Asterisk 1.2.7 and the T-1 is a cross over cable
> > less then 10 ft long. I figured the pri_cpe and pri_net were right, but
> > there must be other problems. Any help is appreciated.
> >
> Is there a specific reason you are connecting the servers in this way?
> Have you considered using IAX, SIP,  or even TDMoE instead?
> Two main advantages:
> 1) Lower cost per port -- adding a dedicated ethernet card is way
> cheaper than using a T-1/PRI port from anything that's supported by
> Asterisk.
> 2) More features -- the current functionality of libpri/asterisk does
> not support all PRI functions across all switchtypes completely.  For
> example, 2BCT (call transfer) was only functional for 5ESS switchtype
> last I checked.

Bruce
Nortex Networks