[Asterisk-Users] Connect 2 Asterisk Servers via PRI

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:34:31 MST 2006

On 5/31/06, Bruce Reeves <asterisk at nortex-networks.com> wrote:
> Both servers are runing Asterisk 1.2.7 and the T-1 is a cross over cable
> less then 10 ft long. I figured the pri_cpe and pri_net were right, but
> there must be other problems. Any help is appreciated.

Is there a specific reason you are connecting the servers in this way?
Have you considered using IAX, SIP,  or even TDMoE instead?
Two main advantages:
1) Lower cost per port -- adding a dedicated ethernet card is way
cheaper than using a T-1/PRI port from anything that's supported by
Asterisk.
2) More features -- the current functionality of libpri/asterisk does
not support all PRI functions across all switchtypes completely.  For
example, 2BCT (call transfer) was only functional for 5ESS switchtype
last I checked.