[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk-addons

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed May 31 11:03:33 MST 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> On May 31, 2006, at 12:55 AM, Armin Schindler wrote:

> > > This has been covered at least 6 times on this list in the last
> > > couple
> > > of months; asking the same questions others have already asked and
> > > answered does not make people want to help you very much.
> > >
> > > The answer is: asterisk-addons will not be brought up to date with
> > > SVN
> > > trunk until SVN trunk enters the beta phase, which will occur in the
> > > next week.
> >
> > Actually, the error is not in the addons. The Asterisk-trunk installation
> > produces incomplete/misconfigured headers, which prevents building of
> > external modules.
> > Or is it digiums intention to make life more difficult for external
> > modules?
>
> You can't be serious.  I can't believe you just said that.

Why not? It was just a question, because I don't understand why everyone
(from digium) is saying that the addons must be fixed, but I see the problem
in the asterisk trunk. That's all I'm saying... for the third time now.

> We're working
> really hard to get trunk ready for 1.4, there are other things that are more
> pressing to work on right now.

Yes, sure. I don't doubt that. And I personally thank you for all that work.
I would like to join development if I wouldn't need to disclaim.

> This is an open source project, so if you wish
> to provide any patches to fix -addons, that is certainly welcome.  Otherwise,
> sit back and enjoy the ride. :-)

I work for 'addons' too. chan-capi.org in my case. So I'm not just sitting
back.
And again, I just wanted to point out, that the current trunk is the
problem which prevents other modules from build. But this seems to be
ignored, because the respond is always: the addons must be fixed.
That's all.

Armin