[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk-addons

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed May 31 09:50:35 MST 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 12:55 AM, Armin Schindler wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2006, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> Douglas Garstang wrote:
>>
>>> svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-addons/trunk
>>> asterisk-addons
>>> svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisk
>>> svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/trunk zaptel
>>> svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/libpri/trunk libpri
>>
>> This has been covered at least 6 times on this list in the last couple
>> of months; asking the same questions others have already asked and
>> answered does not make people want to help you very much.
>>
>> The answer is: asterisk-addons will not be brought up to date with SVN
>> trunk until SVN trunk enters the beta phase, which will occur in the
>> next week.
>
> Actually, the error is not in the addons. The Asterisk-trunk
> installation
> produces incomplete/misconfigured headers, which prevents building of
> external modules.
> Or is it digiums intention to make life more difficult for external
> modules?

You can't be serious.  I can't believe you just said that.  We're
working really hard to get trunk ready for 1.4, there are other things
that are more pressing to work on right now.  This is an open source
project, so if you wish to provide any patches to fix -addons, that is
certainly welcome.  Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the ride. :-)

Matthew Fredrickson