[Asterisk-Users] I guess my server capacity is ok

Goke Aruna goksie at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:32:13 MST 2006

Thank you...

Steve, I am using it to pass a call from sip gateway to my asterisk server
and sending the call to the provider thru chan_ss7.

and I have my extension.conf without any timeout and other options.

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[globals]
TRUNKMSD=1                                      ; MSD digits to strip
(usually 1 or 0)
PREFIX=444

[default]
;;THE GSM NETWORK
exten => _234XX5XXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=1${PREFIX}${EXTEN:-5:4})
exten => _234XX5XXXXXXX,2,Dial(ss7/A/0${EXTEN:-10})

exten => _234XX2XXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=1${PREFIX}${EXTEN:-5:4})
exten => _234XX2XXXXXXX,2,Dial(ss7/B/0${EXTEN:-10})

exten => _2341XXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=${PREFIX}${EXTEN:-5:4})
exten => _2341XXXXXXX,2,Dial(ss7/C/${EXTEN:-7})

and on my sip.cong I specify only g729.

am I running in pass-thru or transcoding?

from the top I can  see that at no calls at my server

top - 06:15:38 up 1 day,  5:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.72, 0.42, 0.31
Tasks:  50 total,   2 running,  48 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  5.7% us,  7.0% sy,  0.0% ni, 86.2% id,  1.0% wa,  0.0% hi,  0.0% si
Mem:   4084360k total,   604348k used,  3480012k free,   128832k buffers
Swap:  2031608k total,        0k used,  2031608k free,   222688k cached

and I cannot see what is using up my cpu

thank you

goksie