[Asterisk-Users] Handset recommendations

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Wed May 31 07:47:20 MST 2006

I have a 480i CT as my primary deskphone now for about a year. Prior to that my favorite was the Polycom IP600. I also have a handful of IP500s.

The 480i CT is a GREAT phone for the money. The cordless works well, much better than the early sip wifi handset I tried (Hitachi WIP-5000.)

The Polycoms are great too...but no cordless and harder to provision.

Cisco hardware seemed like a lot of hassle to license as well as very costly.

Early on I used SPA-3000 and SPA-2000 units connected to a Panasonic key system. Once you've tried real SIP hard phones ATA's just kinda lose their appeal.

Michael

--Original Message Text---
From: George A. Roberts IV
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:13:25 -0500

Seeking recommendations on handsets for use with Asterisk.

I've been looking at the Aastra 480i CT because of its cordless handset and also the new Linksys SPA-942.  Anyone using either one of these with comments on them?

Any other thoughts on good reasonably priced handsets?  This is for just a couple of people who work from home offices and will be connecting to an Asterisk server hosted in a
datacenter.

Thanks!

Regards,

George A. Roberts IV