[Asterisk-Users] Handset recommendations

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 31 03:37:57 MST 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 23:56, Bruce Reeves wrote:
> the Linksys. Actually if your budget supports it get one of each and try
> them out. I tried out several from the Cisco 7960, Polycoms and then a
> UTstarcom F1000. My big concern on the Cisco is that there is a license

Avoid the UTStarCom F1000G.  (802.11g version of F1000).  The buttons are far
too close and tiny, the phone is too quiet, the ringers are subpar and the
phone tends to lose its wifi for no particular reason.  When this happens it
just "gives up" and does so without warning.  It's really quite random as to
when it occurs.  Perhaps when the next firmware version is out it'll be
better.  The manufacturer forums are active enough, but I was pretty
underwhelmed with these phones.

They *are* inexpensive, though.  I will grant them that.

-A.