[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 or asterisk

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Tue May 30 12:52:28 MST 2006

Steve Totaro wrote:

> When I say high, I mean 1,000+ calls.

Erick and Steve,

You both speak of Asterisk systems capable of handling 1,000 calls.  I
currently have a Dell PowerEdge 6850 with four Intel Xeon 3.16 GHz
processors in production using Asterisk to handle inbound calling at a
call center.

I've done a lot of tuning to the server, and I've seen it running at 45%
idle while handling approximately 235 concurrent calls.  All calls that
are connected to an agent are recorded via Monitor() and all calls that
are in queue are receiving native music on hold.  All of the calls are
SIP-to-SIP using the u-Law codec.

Do you actually have an Asterisk server that has been tested to handle
1,000 concurrent calls?  If so, I'd like to know what you are doing to
squeeze so much out of the hardware.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions