[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: E1 hardware for asterisk

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Tue May 30 09:28:04 MST 2006

>> In fact the Sangoma has 128ms echo cancel per channel. As far as I know
>> neither the Digum harware echo cancel nor the available software
>> solutions offers this.
>
> I thought the Eicon cards were the only ones with 128ms echo-cancel ;-)

I am happy that I could enlighten you a bit in this point. ;-)

> Anyway, what time frame do the software implementations use?
> Even with enough CPU power, do these software solutions provide as
> good results as a DSP on board?

To be honest I really don't know a lot about the technical details of
software echo cancellers. My guess would be that they are not as good as
the hardware echo cancellers. And it's more of an esoteric discussion
because usually you don't have unlimited CPU power.

All I can say is that the Sangoma 104d/108d DO provide excellent results
for they have a DSP on board that handles the EC.

Christian