[Asterisk-Users] Re: How to enable call waiting on Sip Phones

William Piper billy at kersting.com
Tue May 30 07:47:23 MST 2006

Ok, I've been seeing this email floating around for a while now. If you are
using A at H, don't use this, but if you are just using standard asterisk with
your own custom dial plan... this should work for you.

I don't actually use this in my dial plan and haven't tested it but it
should be close enough to get you to what you are trying to accomplish. If
you dial *70, it will activate call waiting, *71 will deactivate it.

[cw]
exten => *70,1,Answer
exten => *70,2,DBput(cw/${CALLERIDNUM}=1)
exten => *70,3,Playback(callwaiting)
exten => *70,4,Playback(activated)
exten => *70,5,Macro(hangupcall)

exten => *71,1,Answer
exten => *71,2,DBdel(cw/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => *71,3,Playback(callwaiting)
exten => *71,4,Playback(de-activated)
exten => *71,5,Macro(hangupcall)

[inbound-callwaiting]
exten => _.,1,Answer
exten => _.,2,DBget(cw=cw/${EXTEN})
exten => _.,3,dial,SIP/${EXTEN}
exten => _.,4,hangup
exten => _.,103,SetGroup(${EXTEN})
exten => _.,104,GotoIf($["${GROUP_COUNT(${EXTEN})}" <= "1"]?105:206)
exten => _.,105,dial,SIP/${EXTEN}|20
exten => _.,106,voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => _.,107,hangup
exten => _.,206,voicemail(b${EXTEN})