[Asterisk-Users] Re: How to enable call waiting on Sip Phones

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon May 29 11:14:28 MST 2006

At 10:59 AM 5/29/2006, you wrote:
>I gathered that but it has its uses.  Could you then give us soem tips on
>how to get this working.  Call forwarding is a done deal but i cant seem to
>find any info on call waiting anywhere?  Help needed.  Customer fustrated.

I'm likely going to make a fool of myself, but isn't call waiting a
feature of the provider. My issue with the call waiting we have was
how to flash so I could get to the other call. If the calls are SIP
calls the second call just rings on the next "line" and I put the
first call on hold to get the new call.  On the lines with call
waiting I can use *72 and *73 to tell the phone company to turn call
waiting on and off.  I did have to create an extension that let's me
get to dial tone on my POTS lines to do that though.

Ira