[Asterisk-Users] E1 hardware for asterisk

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue May 30 01:13:31 MST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Tristan wrote:
> I'm interested too to know about a quad E1 card...
>
> I need to connect it to 2 differents ISDN providers in Europe and to establish
> a third connection
> with a Matra PBX.
> The server ( IBM XSeries 346 ) has to serve about 60-70 simultaneous calls (
> IVR and max 30 conferences... )
>
> I will also need ( but later, as I think I'll have to write it ) support for
> videoconferencing over ISDN using different protocols like h320 or h324m...
>
> What would you recommend ?
>
> Digium TE411P, Sangoma A104D, Eicon Diva Cards ?

I cannot tell anything about the Digium or Sangoma cards, but the Eicon Diva
Server Cards are active cards, which means they do the ISDN protocol stuff
including digital-signal-processing (if needed) on board without using the
hosts CPU. So in a setup as you described above, I recommend to use the
Eicon cards.

Armin