[Asterisk-Users] Calls connected, but no audio

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Mon May 29 13:12:48 MST 2006

Miles Scruggs wrote:

> Derek Whitten wrote:
>> Miles Scruggs wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm all your questions are covered in this email, but I'll summarize it
>>> again in this reply:
>>>
>>> Server: 1.2.7.1 direct connection to the Internet
>>> config settings:
>>> [pap2]
>>> type=friend
>>> secret=something
>>> qualify=yes
>>> nat=yes
>>> host=dynamic
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> context=private
>>> callgroup=6
>>> pickupgroup=6
>>> callerid=name <1234567890>
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> allow=alaw
>>> allow=gsm
>>> dtmfmode=rfc2833
>>>
>>> Clients behind single NAT with a Linksys WRT54GS default settings
>>> Clients are 2 Eyebeam clients & 1 linksys PAP2-NA
>>>
>>> the audio has never worked consistently on the PAP2 only intermittently
>>> with better results in calling the asterisk box directly but only
>>> rarely
>>> when calling outside lines.
>>>
>>> I have now set the phones to register every 60 seconds with no
>>> change in
>>> results.
>>>
>>> There was no change in the 'sip show peers' as no settings were
>>> changed,
>>> all you had requested was the output.
>>>
>>> finally the "yup everything is there" was in direct response to your
>>> statements in the previous email which asked me to confirm several
>>> things.
>>>
>>> sip debug doesn't reveal anything more.
>>>
>>> I hope this summery helps
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Miles

>> you blocking the RTP ports?  (rtp.conf)
> This is just the default settings on the router, no ports are blocked.
>
> Miles

Not sure what else to tell you.  If the eyebeams work fine then the
problem must be your in your linksys PAP2-NA.