[Asterisk-Users] Memory-leak 1.2.7.1

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Mon May 29 09:32:33 MST 2006

Attilla de Groot wrote:
> Vij wrote:
>

>> May be "updatedb" or some other such heavy application, which runs at
>> night is causing heavy load on the system and spoils the working of
>> asterisk.
>>
>> See if this phenomenon happens at the same time of the day everyday.
>> Also, see what processes run at *that time*.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Vij
>>

> Hi Vij,
>

> Well since the problem occurs on diffrent machines, I'm not so sure
> about this. I'm going to try if I can see what processes run at *that
> time*, but like I said it often occurs at night when I'm at sleep.
>
> So I'm first going to downgrade 1.2.3, someone told me, that he was 100%
> sure there are no memory leaks in that version.
>

> Greetings,
> Attilla

Every new release of Asterisk claims to fix memory leaks in the prior
version, just read through the release notes.

Maybe you can trade a faster leak for a slower but I run three servers
running 1.2.7.1, two with Sangoma quad port cards and one with ztdummy.
They handle thousands of calls a day.   I reboot weekly just to put my
mind at ease but I am sure I do not have to.

What file system are you using?  ext3?

Only difference is I am running Xeon 3ghz with 1 or 2 gigs of ram and
the latest version of CentOS with everything yum updated to this
point.   These boxes  will not change until  1.4  is released and fully
tested.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro