[Asterisk-Users] DELL PowerEdge 2850 and TE4110P and TE110P

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri May 26 23:44:54 MST 2006

Thanks.  One of the replies was that the TE110P does have some issues with
certain motherboards.  If I remember well the problem you are having can
only be solved by power cycling the complete system.

But I can very well imagine that inserting 2 Digium cards into the 2850
will lead to problems. The 2850 has three PCI slots, the first is sharing
it's interrupt with the Perc RAID controller, the other 2 slots each share
their interrupt with an onboard NIC.

In your case you will never be able to give each card their own interrupt,
you would need another PCI slot.

Right now zttest is showing me pretty consistent results. The result is
always exactly 99.987793% nothing more and in about 1 of 35 probes I get a
100% score.

Because 99.987793% is still regarded as the minimum acceptable I might
leave things as they are. Or maybe (because the cost is limited) I may
start looking for a 2 port, gbit ethernet card and disable the onboard
nic's in the 2850 to make sure the digium card has it's own irq.  When I
have time I will try disabling the onboard nic's first to see if that
actually improves the scores, the last time I was messing with the 2850 I
think I didn't see any improvement but then again I can't remember exactly
anymore what I have / haven't tried.

Good luck, hope they will find the problem soon!

Cheers! Remco