[Asterisk-Users] End of migration: adding support for some analog phones

Strom Carlson stromcarlson at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:57:36 MST 2006

On 5/26/06, Mimmus <dviggiani at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> during gradual migration to Asterisk, I put Asterisk in front of a legacy
> Alcatel PBX:
>   PRI PSTN <--> Asterisk <--> E1 cable <--> Alcatel PBX
>
> After successful deployment of VoIP phones, it's time to drop Alcatel PBX!
> I'd like to keep some of analog lines to support modem, fax and some older
> stuff. What's the best choice? A channel bank or a TDM2400P card?
> Can I use a TDM2400P board together with the actual TE410P?

I've had very good results at one of my clients' locations using the
following setup:

PRI <--> Asterisk w/Digium TE406P <--> Adtran channel bank <--> Fax machine

Assuming you have a spare span on your E1 card, it's probably worth it
to get a channel bank with 24 FXS ports and put it in your wiring
closet.  Even if you don't use all the ports now, you'll be a simple
cross-connect away from adding an analog station if and when it's
needed in the future.

--
Strom Carlson
http://www.stromcarlson.com/