[Asterisk-Users] Busy Signals

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri May 26 10:35:01 MST 2006

Hey everyone,

A few employees have noticed some problem here and there when trying to
make outgoing phone calls. After it happens, they try again, and are
able to call through.

The dial plan for outbound calling looks like below. Which I know they
are getting to the Congestion part (which explains the busy) but what I
can't seem to figure out is the cause for why they are getting sent there.

exten => s,1,SetCallerID(${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Wait(2)
exten => s,3,Dial(${TRUNK1}/${ARG2})
exten => s,4,Congestion(10)
exten => s,104,Congestion(10)

The log for a call looked like this

May 26 12:21:08 VERBOSE[6997] logger.c:     -- Channel 0/4, span 1 got
hangup request
May 26 12:21:08 VERBOSE[16613] logger.c:     -- Zap/4-1 is circuit-busy
May 26 12:21:08 VERBOSE[16613] logger.c:     -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
May 26 12:21:08 VERBOSE[16613] logger.c:   == Everyone is busy/congested
at this time (1:0/1/0)

My question is it asterisk having an issue with the PRI or is the PRI
really reporting the number is busy. I know one case like this I was
calling home, and which when I got through to them, they were not even
on the phone. Are there any tests that I can run on the T1 card in the
server to the PRI? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Kevin