[Asterisk-Users] Re: End of migration: adding support for some analogphones

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri May 26 07:40:19 MST 2006

This is what am doing for voicemail during my transition.

My pbx send the 9 out on all calls. (made my asterisk configs easier.)
All of my extensions start with 5. asterisk extension are 56XX and 57XX, Legacy extensions are 51XX and 52XX.
I added the below lines to my dialplan.
exten => _92XXX,1,AGI(calleridname.agi)
exten => _92XXX,2,Macro(vm,5${EXTEN:2})
Then I set the call forward busy and no-ans, to the legacy phone's extension less the 5 pretended by a 2.
So the call forward for extension 5122 is 2122.
The above dailplan sends 2122 to the voicemail box of 5122.

This was the simplest solution I could find.

I am using FreePBX for configs, so I had to make a custom extension with voicemail set to dial zap/g2/5122 to be able to keep the configs in FreePBX.
If not using FreePBX, I think you would only have to add the Legacy extension in voicemail.conf.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org