[Asterisk-Users] Placing call files in/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ does not work

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Thu May 25 13:44:34 MST 2006

On 5/24/06, Michael Collins <mcollins at fcnetwork.com> wrote:
> > you should mv the file (and in the same filesystem, so 'rename' is
> used)
> >

> You might want to chmod or even chown the file first as well.  I wrote a
> little script that does all of this before the .call file is mv'd into
> the outgoing directory:
>
> cp /tmp/test3.call /tmp/test1.call
> chmod 666 /tmp/test1.call
> chgrp asterisk /tmp/test1.call
> chown asterisk /tmp/test1.call
> mv /tmp/test1.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/
>
> I've been doing a lot of test calls to work on other aspects of .call
> files, so this script is quite handy for making the same call over and
> over again.
>
> HtH
>
> -MC

Thank you both, Tzafrir and Michael.
I ended up using the script from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+tips+callback

It looks like this:
<<<
#!/bin/bash

     if [ "x$1" != "x" ];then phone_number="$1"; else return 1; fi

      #note use of '-' in '-EOF1' - Escapes tab at beginning of lines
      CALLFILE=$(cat <<-EOF1
Channel: Zap/g0/$phone_number
MaxRetries: 2
# Retry in 5 min
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45

Context: ext-local
Extension: 211

EOF1
)
       echo "$CALLFILE" >> "/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/max.call"
       # echo "$CALLFILE" >> "/tmp/calltomake.txt"

I call it by doing a simple ./makecall.sh SOMEPHONE

The only problem I'm having now is that I must run the script as user
asterisk, otherwise I get the same asterisk error as before.

Is there any way to fix this ?

Thank you.

--
Cheers,