[Asterisk-Users] Placing call files in/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ does not work

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed May 24 08:48:58 MST 2006

> you should mv the file (and in the same filesystem, so 'rename' is
used)

You might want to chmod or even chown the file first as well.  I wrote a
little script that does all of this before the .call file is mv'd into
the outgoing directory:

cp /tmp/test3.call /tmp/test1.call
chmod 666 /tmp/test1.call
chgrp asterisk /tmp/test1.call
chown asterisk /tmp/test1.call
mv /tmp/test1.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

I've been doing a lot of test calls to work on other aspects of .call
files, so this script is quite handy for making the same call over and
over again.

HtH

-MC