[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 132

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Thu May 25 08:49:42 MST 2006

I haven't intentionally done anything to the CID, the odd thing is that
another aastra phone (480e) connected to the same port DOES display CID,
it's only these PT350s that can't seem to read it.. Been talking to Aastra
support & they've suggested some avenues to explore, but none of them have
worked... The PT350s definitely have a problem w/*'s cid signals.. Just not
sure where to look to track it down.

Thanks for your input! I'm still trying to get this darn issue sorted, as I
have boxes of these phones that I really want to deploy, but I need this CID
display for them to be usefull in our environment.

Thanks again!

Dan

>Are you doing something funny with the CID on it's way to the phone?
>I've got a somewhat similar problem with an Aastra IP phone (yes, I did say
IP): it would NOT ring if the caller id
>>started with an "#". Maybe your Aastra PSTN phone got some of the same
(buggy?) handling of CID's?