[Asterisk-Users] TE406P - MFC/R2

Fernando Lujan fernando.lujan at mandic.com.br
Thu May 25 06:53:01 MST 2006

Steve Underwood wrote:

Hi Steve, nice to hear from you. I spoke with you in the irc some time ago.

>> I'm trying to configure a TE406P with MFC/R2.
>>
>> here goes my zaptel.conf:
>>
>> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>> cas=1-15:1101
>> dchan=16
>> cas=17-31:1101
>>
>> span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>> cas=32-46:1101
>> dchan=47
>> cas=48-62:1101

Changed to:

span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
#
cas=1-15:1101
cas=17-31:1101
#
cas=32-46:1101
cas=48-62:1101

> That config is completely wrong. Try following the config in the
> MFC/R2 documentation. And please use the documentation at
> soft-switch.org. I keep getting problems reported by people using some
> random junk documentation they found somewhere else.
>

>> The first strange behavior is that the:
>>
>> zap show status
>>
>> shows this:
>>
>> Description                              Alarms     IRQ
>> bpviol     CRC4
>> T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1                OK         0
>> 0          0
>> T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2                OK         0
>> 0          0
>> T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3                OK         0
>> 0          0
>> T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4                UNCONFIGUR 0
>> 0          0
>>
>> How is it possible? Since i just configure 2 spans!
>
> If you configured chan_zap for 2 spans, this is also wrong. You should
> be configuring chan_unicall for the spans. Again, look at the examples
> in he documentation.
My zapata.conf is empty. I used unicall.conf instead.

Here it goes:

[channels]

context=incoming
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=no
amaflags=billing
musiconhold=default
loglevel=255
protocolclass=mfcr2
protocolvariant=br,20,12
group = 1
context=incoming
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31
channel => 32-46
channel => 48-62

Applying the pach in the Makefile just failed. So I do this:

Change:

chan_unicall.o: chan_unicall.c
   $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) -o chan_unicall.o chan_unicall.c

chan_unicall.so: chan_unicall.o
   $(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $< -lunicall -lxml2 -lsupertone -lspandsp -ltiff $(ZAPLIB)

Change:

CHANNEL_LIBS=chan_sip.so chan_agent.so chan_mgcp.so chan_iax2.so chan_local.so chan_skinny.so chan_features.so

CHANNEL_LIBS=chan_sip.so chan_agent.so chan_mgcp.so chan_iax2.so chan_local.so chan_skinny.so chan_features.so chan_unicall.so

And finally:

cp channels/chan_unicall.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/

Thnaks in advance.

Fernando Lujan