[Asterisk-Users] Database Integration

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Thu May 25 05:11:37 MST 2006

Bruno de Assumpção Loureiro wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Thomas Kenyon <digium at sanguinarius.co.uk> wrote:
>> Bruno de Assumpção Loureiro wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > How to integrate with Oracle database. I think it's possible with AGI,
>> > it isn't?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> You will probably need to go down the odbc route for oracle.
>>
>> Read the details on cdr_odbc.conf, extconfig.conf, res_config_odbc.conf
>> and res_odbc.conf on voip-info.org.
>
> I think these confs  are only to store the configuration files into an
> OBDC database. or Is able to integration an Oracle database (not the
> asterisk configuration files)  to asterisk box with these confs?
>
> I need to read, write and del  from tables at an Oracle Server, which
> is working in another workstation.

For actions in a dialplan, look at DBGet, DBPut and DBDel or app_dbodbc
at http://www.voip-info.org .

For AGI scripts, you can access them, the same way you normally do
(ODBC/DBI) or using the AGI database commands.

> Asterisk <----> AGI script <----> OBDC <----> Oracle Server
>
> Is it right? There is another way? Somenone has it working?

Yeah lots :-)

I'm surprised no-one else has jumped on this one yet, I'm certainly no
expert.