[Asterisk-Users] Configuration for different Asterisk branches

Obelix asterisklists at adontendev.net
Wed May 24 06:02:32 MST 2006

I want to run a trunk version of Asterisk with the ability to switch back to a
stable version.

Because they will be running with the same .conf files and call management
database, I want to be able to switch between them just my running a simple
script - either by copying them to and from their storage locations or by the
use of file links, and changing some of the paths in asterisk.conf

These are the files in /usr/bin lfrom running ls -l | grep ast

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root astassist 6165695 Jan  8 16:08 asterisk
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root         1400 Jan  8 16:08 astgenkey
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root       180583 Jan  8 16:08 astman - not relevant
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root            8 Jan  8 16:08 rasterisk -> asterisk
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root         1889 Apr 23  2005 safe_asterisk

Other than the files in the modules folder etc what other locations do I have to
check for libraries etc I need to move round or relink.

Is there way I can find out what file names are compiled and where they are
installed by an asterisk installation?

Does anyone have something like this working?

/Obelix