[Fwd: [Asterisk-Users] IVR and operator]

Matic matic.list at 7-s.si
Wed May 24 05:38:53 MST 2006

Any ideas about question bellow?

I have a question about mixing an IVR and agents in such a way that a
caller can listen to information from IVR (PerlAGI) while agents are
busy. As soon as agent is available the channel whit IVR should be
notified to ring the operator or both should go to MeetMe room. How can
one channel send a message/signal to other channel?
I am trying something out with fork() - parent opening a TCP(:port)
channel and waiting for connection/message from other channel (also
PerlAGi script for the operators) and killing the child which is actualy
playing IVR when TCP message (connection) arrives.

Is there an easier way?

Matic