[Asterisk-Users] What about T400 T1 cards?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue May 23 19:47:30 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Tuesday 23 May 2006 10:48, Bart Fisher wrote:
>

>>Can anyone clue me in about these T400 T1 cards I see advertised?  I hear
>>they are Digium
>>Clones.  Is there some reason to avoid these?  How do they compare to
>>TE410P's for example.
>>

>Google for the performance data on the TE410.  They have some pretty graphs
>that benchmark against the older TE400, which don't bus master.
>
>This was the single biggest change between the TE400/TE410.  The other is the
>expansion interface for the voice processing module.  I also believe that the
>TE410 has significant improvements for PCI compatibility.

The other big difference when you are trying to debug flaky
installations is the driver for the T400 reports all the error counts,
and the driver for the TE410 doesn't. This makes he old cards a *much*
better choice when you support people remotely. It seems crazy that
nobody bothers to fix this in the newer drivers.

Steve