[Asterisk-Users] Snom 320 Shared line + speed dial

Marc Archer marc at archernet.id.au
Tue May 23 16:21:23 MST 2006

Thanks Mike,

This is exactly what I wanted :)

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Dr.
Michael J. Chudobiak
Sent: Monday, 22 May 2006 11:34 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Snom 320 Shared line + speed dial

> Just after some info on the Snom 320 before I got out an buy some...
>
> I'm looking to use the shared line feature and hints with * so that i
> can monitor the activity of other users, but I'm not sure If this also

> turns the programmable buttons into a speed dial for quick transfers
etc
> (or if it can be done). Ideally, I just want the users to be able to
see
> the state of other users and be able to transfer to that user by using

> the programmable buttons...
>
> Is this possible with this phone ??

Set the buttons to "Destination" mode, and set up corresponding "hints"
in extensions.conf. Then the LED shows the user's status and hitting
transfer+button will transfer a call to that user. Just hitting the
button will dial that user's extension.

See "SNOM SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY support for monitoring extension states" at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom.

- Mike