[Asterisk-Users] Snom 320 Shared line + speed dial

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon May 22 06:34:11 MST 2006

> Just after some info on the Snom 320 before I got out an buy some...
>
> I'm looking to use the shared line feature and hints with * so that i
> can monitor the activity of other users, but I'm not sure If this also
> turns the programmable buttons into a speed dial for quick transfers etc
> (or if it can be done). Ideally, I just want the users to be able to see
> the state of other users and be able to transfer to that user by using
> the programmable buttons...
>
> Is this possible with this phone ??

Set the buttons to "Destination" mode, and set up corresponding "hints"
in extensions.conf. Then the LED shows the user's status and hitting
transfer+button will transfer a call to that user. Just hitting the
button will dial that user's extension.

See "SNOM SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY support for monitoring extension states" at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom.

- Mike