[Asterisk-Users] Are my expectations too high?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue May 23 09:59:01 MST 2006

Derek Lee-Wo wrote:
>> there that might benefit you in a situation like this.  Go look through
>> your zaptel source
>> tree for "fxotune" and see if it cant possibly correct some of the
>> problem you're having.
>
> Thanks for this suggestion.  I ran the test and activated the settings
> with "fxotune -s"and I'll see how it works.  I have a 1-hr conference
> call shortly so that'tll be a good test.
>
> The problem I have is that I work from home and I spend a lot of time
> on conference calls so the hissing and echo ends up being an issue
> plus I'm never quite sure if the other party is hearing me clearly, or
> if they are hearing the same hiss too.

You should never hear hissing or crackeling.  Echo you can expect if you
are using IP phones / ATAs.  Sounds to me that if you do "cat
/proc/interrupts" you will see that the Digium card is sharing IRQs with
some other device in the system.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.