[Asterisk-Users] FAX and Asterisk

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Tue May 23 07:33:13 MST 2006

2006/5/23, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com>:
> convert it to fax) over VoIP, you *will* run into problems.
> The posts you have read are from people that have already tried doing

My scenario is the following: SPA 3000'x FXO connected to phone line,
it talks to Asterisk thrugh LAN and using G711, Asterisk detecting
automatically incomming fax calls and transferring them to an
extension that is a iaxmodem in local machine and using G711 also.
Hylafax is using the iaxmodem like a normal fax modem and receiving
the faxes.

The load is not very high, but I reived various faxes without
problems. I can't say it works perfectly, but in my few tests no faxes
where lost, and in production I di'nt receive complaints.

--
Alejandro Vargas