[Asterisk-Users] A few queue questions

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Tue May 23 06:06:15 MST 2006

Matt,

Matt wrote:
> #1 - Is there anyway to 'cancel a wrap'?  That is.. when an agent is
> waiting their 45 seconds or so for the next call, is there anyway to
> cancel that and continue taking calls?

Not that I know of.  What I've done is setup extensions that call
PauseQueueMember() and UnpauseQueuemember() that the employees use if they need
longer time and set the default wrapuptime to be very small amount.  However,
I've had to make some automated reports that detail how much pause time is used
to prevent abuse.

> #2 - I have agents who log into multiple queues.  I have them staticly
> assigned to all queues, but they log in with their agent ids (defined
> in agents.conf).  It seems that they will be wrapping on queue "1",
> but a call from queue "2" will come in while they should still be
> wrapping.  Is this normal?  How can I get around it?

The wrapuptime specified in agents.conf will affect them regardless of them
being in multiple queues.  The wrapuptime defined in queues.conf will only
affect their standing for a specific queue and won't have any effect on the call
distribution for any other queues they may be in.

--johann