[Asterisk-Users] Snom firmwares suck

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 13:55:03 MST 2006

I was transporting it in my suitcase when I flew from NY to FL. When I got there the screen was dead. I contacted snom and they were real helpfull and resolving the issue.

  Dovid

Alex Robar <alex.robar at gmail.com> wrote:
  Interesting, I've never had a screen just die on me. Are you saying that the screen just stops working?

As for firmware, I've always found that the best way to deal with problematic firmware is to talk to the company about it. Especially in a scenario like you're in, where everyone else seems happy with the firmware. It's very likely that Snom may not be aware of the problems you are experiencing. I can't say that I've ever had a Snom reboot in the middle of a conversation. I don't think my phones have ever just rebooted when I haven't asked them to. I would certainly talk to Snom about this.

Alex

  On 5/19/06, Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to> wrote:  Most people seem quite positive about Snom phones, I cannot share this
opinion.

The displays are dying quite often, and firmware is buggy. I have tried
every firmware from 4.5 up to 5.x and 6.04 but keep having problems with
phones locking up or rebooting during an ongoing conversation.

REALLY annoying for a phone that is advertised / targeted as a business
class phone

Alex Robar